Curbside Recycling in Ewing and in Mercer County is conducted by the Mercer County Improvement Authority (MCIA) .
Curbside Pickup Facts
- Pickups are bi-weekly. Click to find the schedule for your area.
- If your home curbside collection was accidentally missed you can fill out the MCIA’s website form or contact the Recycling Department at (609) 278-8086.
- The MCIA conducts Single Stream Recycling, in other words, all recyclables can be mixed together in your cans.
- Paper: mixed paper, office paper, envelopes (windows are acceptable)
- Corrugated cardboard
- Telephone books, “soft” cover books
- Hard cover books (hard cover must be removed and put in trash)
- Glass food and beverage jars or bottles (all colors)
- Aluminum and metal beverage containers
- Pet food cans
- Milk jugs and plastic beverage bottles
- Detergent and shampoo containers
- Juice boxes and juice beverage cartons
- Plastics with a #1 or #2 in the recycling symbol (usually found on the bottom of a container)
Materials Not Accepted
- PLASTIC BAGS
- PIZZA BOXES
- Light Bulbs
- Aluminum Foil/Baking Pans
- Drinking Glasses, Dishes & Broken Window Glass
- Ceramics & Pottery
- Aerosol Cans
- Motor Oil & Anti-Freeze Containers
- Clothes Hangers
- Bandage Tins & Cookie Tins
- Carbon & Waxed Paper
- Tissue Paper, Napkins, Paper Plates & Paper Towels
- Plastics with #3 – #7 Symbols
My Waste App
Mercer County now has a free downloadable My-Waste app!
Find out the proper recycling/disposal procedure for hundreds of materials and never lose track of your residential recycling collection day again!